10 Little Habits That Steal Your Happiness



Happy people have habits, just like unhappy ones. Often, it's easier to spot the ruts in which miserable people find themselves. You can tell they hate their jobs, or they complain that they "really should quit smoking one of these days."  Stuff like that.
Meanwhile the habits of happy people go unnoticed.
They are not life's lottery winners, Happy People. They are not "lucky" or "chosen." Instead, the make small, manageable changes to their life until these actions, thoughts, and behaviors become routines. I've lived my life on both sides of this coin, so I can tell you from experience that good fortune has only come after I've made a decision, and taken action.  I know many of you have had this same experience, as you've told me so.
I found this article, "10 Habits That Steal Your Happiness" written by Angel Chernoff over at Marc and Angel Hack Life. I couldn't write this any better myself, so be sure to read their full article.
Here, I give you just the list of habits that steal your happiness. Check out Angel's full article to dig deeper.

10 Little Habits That Steal Your Happiness

  1. Focusing on everyone's story except your own.
  2. Waiting for the perfect moment.
  3. Working for nothing more than a paycheck.
  4. Harboring feelings of hate.
  5. Holding tight to worries and fears.
  6. Dwelling on difficulties.
  7. Constantly seeking fleeting contentment.
  8. Trying to make a big difference all at once.
  9. Holding on to someone who hurts you.
  10. Over-amplifying the importance of physical attractiveness.
Happy people reverse all of the above habits. The good news is that you can do this in pieces. Remember # 8 in the above list. Master these one at a time, and you will see an improvement in your outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment